Home | Route & Sites | Download Tour | Themes | Riding Tips | Links | About 

Prince Alfred Park


Previous | Next


Site of the Parramatta's first two gaols. The first, a timber gaol, was completed in 1797 but was burnt down two years later by the inmates. In 1804 a two-storey stone structure was built, the upper floor being used as the first female factory.

Area: CBD North